“Sarah knows the genre inside and out. She not only has finger on the pulse of the literary world, but she is thoughtful, intelligent, and voraciously read. She’s a stickler for details, and the very thing you’d want in an exceptional editor.” – Mercedes M. Yardley
So you’ve written your book, and now you’re looking for someone to help you polish it until it shines?
Well, here I am.
I have almost seven years of experience in speculative fiction and publishing. I’ve beta read for the likes of Mark Lawrence and Bradley P. Beaulieu. I’ve helped edit some anthologies. Heck, I’ve even written some stuff that’s been published. I’ve reviewed more books than I can possibly count, and managed to have a few of my reviews quoted on some covers. I’ve judged literary contests, and worked as a slush reader for several small presses. Throughout all of that, I’ve learned some stuff, and I’d love to put all the stuff I’ve learned to good use for you and your manuscript.
Editing. It’s what I’ve been working toward for all of these years.
Here is what I promise to do for you:
- I will read your book and leave notes, comments, suggestions, nudges, and whatever else is necessary to help you polish your manuscript to a vibrant shine.
- I will read each and every word, and leave in-line notes and comments as well as editor’s notes at the end of each chapter.
- I love details in the books I read, and I will focus on the details in what you’ve written. Absolutely nothing will be overlooked.
- Need help with voice, characterization, flow, plot points, grammar, or heck, just need someone to proof your work and make sure it reads okay? Look no further.
- I really enjoy deadlines. I’m that kind of cool.
This is your book, and your vision. I’m here to help. Talk to me about what you want, and I’ll see what I can do to fit your needs.
I fully believe in trying before you buy, so I will gladly edit your first chapter/first 10 pages for free so you can decide if we are a good fit. Currently I’m charging $1/page (rates subject to change). If you’ve written something that falls under the speculative fiction umbrella, I’m your gal (urban fantasy, paranormal romance, SciFi, epic fantasy, grimdark…. etc.)
Contact me for more details, and availability! Let’s talk!
Sarah (at) bookwormblues (dot) net or bookwormblues (at) live (dot) com