Today marks the 25th anniversary for the Culture series by Iain M. Banks.
Banks’ Culture novels have stretched and redefined the limits of science fiction. He’s managed to both make science fiction accessible and interesting to new readers, while maintaining and nurturing his fan base with an ever expanding world that plays on unique, deeper themes sure to make you think.
Twenty-five years is an incredible milestone for any series, but keeping such a strong fanbase that keeps expanding with each new release is an even more impressive accomplishment. It is worth celebrating.
Therefore, today will be dedicated to the Culture novels. I will be reviewing Use of Weapons and The Hydrogen Sonata later today (So you get three posts in one day! Yay you!). Until then, you can wait for my esteemed opinions on these two novels by entering to win my GIVEAWAY.
What you win: The new Culture box set which includes Consider Phlebas, Player of Games and Use of Weapons.
This will be a quick contest, so pay attention and enter fast!
- To enter this contest, you must be a resident of the United States or Canada.
- Any comment left on this post (by someone in the correct countries) automatically enters them to win.
- You have until Tuesday, December 4 at midnight MST to enter.
- A winner (yes, just one) will be picked at random one week from today – Wednesday, December 5.
- Winners will be notified via email. You’ll have two days to respond before I pick another person.
That’s one week to enter for a chance to win three incredible books from one of the longest lasting, most mind blowing science fiction series I’ve had the honor of reading.
Good luck to all who enter and check back later for two reviews of Iain M. Banks books.
Once again, happy anniversary to Iain M. Banks. Your series is nothing short of visionary and has helped turn me into a huge science fiction fan.