An Update, of sorts…

worryFirst of all, a huge thank you to everyone for your outpouring of support during this incredibly difficult time.

Today we took Cora to her pediatrician, who is pretty sure that Cora’s kidneys aren’t working properly. She sent orders to a local hospital for Cora to start a bunch of tests that sound like absolutely no fun. In the meantime, she’s on a daily dose of antibiotics for the next six months. We are also being assigned to a pediatric urologist. I didn’t even know that was a thing.

Her fever is sticking comfortably around 99-100 degrees. There really isn’t much we can do but wait, and give her medication.

Unless things change, I’ll be back next week…. but you know, things have been unpredictable.

In the meantime, the picture with this post is my current mantra. I think all of this stress and worry is going to land me with a heart attack soon if I don’t get a grip on it.

3 Responses

  • Hoping everything turns out for the best, Sarah! I’m very sorry to hear you’re going through this.

  • Paul Weimer

    BEst wishes for you, Cora and your family, Sarah

  • Oh no, so sorry to hear this. Best wishes to you and your family.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.